Telmai is a rapidly growing Data observability company on a mission to improve data reliability. We are a seed stage company funded by Y-combinator, ZettaVP and .406. Our current customers include Datastax, Clearbit and Merkle and we have built partnerships with GCP, Databricks and Snowflake.
Our company is built on the strong foundation of continuous customer value. We deeply care about our customers and obsess over customer experience - you can read about our customers' endorsement for us on G2.
We’re looking to hire a technical sales leader who can drive net-new revenue and logos through solution engineering, revenue retention and expansion. This is one of the most exciting and crucial roles for the growth of Telmai.
This position is the first Telmai sales hire and involves building the sales organization, processes, and GTM sales function from the ground up with close collaboration with the leadership team.
If you are excited about the prospect of using your technical experience to assist our most valuable customers, tackling challenging problems, have a hand in shaping the future of the data ecosystem, enhancing and growing your own skills, and having fun, then we would love to hear from you.
Why join Telmai
This is your opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a growing and thriving company with less than 20 employees. You will make a huge impact every day and play a critical part in determining the direction of the organization, work side-by-side with executive leadership and key stakeholders, and innovate in the burgeoning data observability space.
- Zero to One experience in building sales engineering i.e been first few hire and built a function ground-up
- Hands on Technical selling experience in the data space;
- Player/coach of Sales and customer success engineers and also taking the lead on the biggest, most complex opportunities.
- Passionate about customer value.
- Industry expertise within Data Observability, Data quality , Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, Cloud Computing, and/or SaaS Solutions
- Exceptional executive presence and communication skills for highly technical audience
- A track record of managing complex sales processes with multiple stakeholders and thorough negotiations with pricing based on business value, legal and procurement
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL GET TO:
- Acquire new business and expand existing by managing and analyzing key performance metrics, including accurate forecasting, pipeline generation, win rate, and deal sizes
- Transform complex problems into simple solutions for customers - from basic capabilities overview and product demonstrations into a more value-added consultation that identifies and crystallizes the key challenges of prospective customers and partners and articulates an optimal path to solving those problems with Telmai.
- Manage End-to-end sales for qualified opportunities by responding to RFP, discovery calls, demo and POC.
- Be in front of the customers. You will be responsible for large geography attending business meetings, industry meetings/events or working with key customers.
- Being a liaison between market and product - partner with CTO to translate customer needs into product offerings.
- Build a team of highly motivated and high-performing sales engineering and customer engineering.
- Customer advocacy by Interpreting complex problems, creating simple solutions and collaborating closely with prospects, channel partners and our sales team to deliver winning solutions